Knot tonight, I'm knitting

Monday, September 04, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy


We just got back from a whirl wind week of driving all over CA. Carol the sweet woman my daughter stayed with in San Antonio came out for a visit. We did Fort Bragg for a night then drove up the CA. coast to Patricks Point. Then home and off to San Francisco for a day trip. Poor thing I think we wore her out! We wanted to fill her last week in the states with fun memories. On Labor Day she flys off to Iraq. She is a Major in the Air Force and is a PA. She will be working in the Trama Surgery Center 20 miles from Bagdad. Are prayers are with her on her 4-6 month stay. She helped us on a few of her days here shopping for Lindsay's Mission. Lindsay leaves for the MTC in Salt Lake on Sept. 16th. I will fly with her and then deliver her on the 18th. She will be gone for 18 months in Cincinnati OH. She is excited to start a new adventure. I finished my sweater side seams last night and now its on the the button bands and the collar. :) I also signed up for SP 9 can't wait to get started on that. :)

5 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Pennie said…

    wow, you have been busy. What an experience your daughter is going to have . . . I will keep your family in my prayers. I finished up a shawl for my 6 year old daughter, I will post later, I'm working on a drop stitch scarf for me. I also just signed up for SP9. I also signed up for an international scarf exchange. I think that will be fun too. Happy Labor Day.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey hey hey....I thought Lindsay was leaving in OCT????? That's a typo right? RIGHT??????

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger knit_knot said…

    yes it was a typo she leaves on Oct. 16th from Sac, and I return without her :( on the 18th.

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Old Knitter said…

    WOW . . . I am exhausted just from reading about your CA day trips . . . so have you been going over and taking care of your sick sick sick sister . . . sounds like she needs lots of sister care and chocolate!!!! . . . what's the next knitting project you are going to work on?????

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, I happen to know that you've been home for a very long time....get to bloggin sister....I'm bored!! I need some new reading material!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home